French Lardy and can sometimes be called as a French Knight set of chessmen. This set is crafted from blocks of wood with felt placed on every single piece to prevent any damage to the chess board surface. These French Lardy Staunton chess pieces are polished to give a natural finish by very skills craftsmen who design some of the worlds most famous and high quality chessmen and chess sets. Each piece has been finished with great attention to detail. A French Lardy Staunton set is commonly characterised by the knight, with horizontal lines running across the vertebrae and a closed mouth, almost with a stubborn nature. A staunched rook and engraved bishop give this unique set it’s name. These chess pieces are heavily weighted to prevent the pieces being knocked over easily. Chessgammon has these designs of staunton chessmen made by the best and most skilled craftsman in Amritsar India.
- Chess Pieces Sheesham: 16
- Chess Pieces Boxwood: 16
- Drawstring Velvet Bag
- King Height: 8 cm (3″), King Base: 2.9 cm(1.18″), King Weight: 38 g.
- Pawn Height: 4 cm (1.57″), Pawn Base: 2.4 cm (0.94″), Pawn Weight: 11 g.
- Storage Box Size: 24 cm x 15.2 cm x 8.3 cm.
- Suitable Board Square Size: 4 cm to 4.5 cm
- 0.9 KG