We have here the well renowned Isle of Lewis II chess pieces in brown and ivory. The pieces are made from Stone crushed Poly Resin, a very durable stone based compound which is then stained in Russet brown. These Pieces are Manufactured by Berkeley chess, A British chess manufacturer known to be one of the leading brands in the chess market based in Somerset, England. The original Isle of Lewis chess men were manufactured way back in 1831 using walrus ivory and whales teeth, discovered in Uig on the Isle of Lewis. This particular chess piece set represents the cultural and political connections between the kingdoms of the British Isles and Scandinavia in the middle ages. Berkeley Chess have interpreted this original set discovered in the 19th century to recreate this iconic discovery.
- Chess Board
- 16 Isle of Lewis Chess Pieces Brown
- 16 Isle of Lewis Chess Pieces Ivory
- Chess Storage Box
- Board Size: 50 cm(19.7″) x 50 cm(19.7″) x 1.3 cm(0.5″),
Storage Box Size: 24 cm x 15 cm x 8.5 cm.
- Playing Surface: 40 cm x 40 cm
- Square Size: 5 cm x 5 cm
- King Height: 8.8 cm(3.5″), King Base: 4.2 cm(1.65″) King Weight: 145 g